Working within the Registrar's Office, the Mohawk Ambassador is an integral part in our commitment to supporting applicants and students as they begin and continue their studies.
Ambassadors will be responsible for contacting Mohawk applicant or students, primarily over the phone and through video conferencing, during key dates leading up to the start of the Fall semester.
Ambassadors will provide personable, efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service, they will answer general questions about the admissions and registration processes as well as share what supports are available for applicants and students.
Ambassadors will work closely with service and academic areas to receive specific training related to various applicant and student situations, including how to access college services and how to make appropriate referrals to staff members when required.
The ultimate goal of the Ambassador is to ensure that applicants and students have the information and supports necessary to register and begin/continue their studies in the Fall.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacting Mohawk applicant or students, primarily over the phone and through video conferencing, during key dates leading up to the start of the Fall semester.
- Maintaining records of calls; inquiries from student/applicant, referrals, outcomes and other relevant data.
- Documenting common themes regarding the admissions or registration process received during calls.
- Complete and document accurate referrals and transfers of calls to appropriate staff for action.
Qualifications and Skills of the Students applying to become a Mohawk Ambassador
- Must meet CSEP eligibility requirements.
- Academically successful as demonstrated with grade point average (GPA).
- Commitment to Mohawk College as demonstrated in volunteer and leadership involvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with digital data entry.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Contract will run from May 17 to August 20.
- Students studying full-time during the Summer will be able to work a maximum of 15 hours per week.
- Students who are not attending classes in the Summer will be able to work a maximum of 24 hours per week.
- Review the Student Employment Program eligibility requirements.
There are multiple Student Ambassador positions available. Interested applicants must apply to this job posting to be considered for any Student Ambassador opportunities. The student will be matched based on their academic history with an academic school.
Students interested in applying for a Mohawk Ambassador position are required to submit a resume.