Name or Address Change

It's important that you keep your name and address up-to-date so that Mohawk College can contact you. 

How to Change Your Name with the College:

To change your name with the college, submit the Student Legal Name Change Request form PDF and one piece of official identification showing your new name (driver's license, marriage certificate, etc.) to the college: 

  • In person to The Square - Student Services at any campus,
  • *Scan and e-mail the completed form to ask [at],
  • *Fax the completed form to 905-575-2348, or
  • *Mail the completed form to the address indicated on the form

*Note: Legal name changes submitted by email, fax, or mail must include a certified copy that has been attested by a Guarantor.  

You must also notify the Financial Assistance Office of your new name. Additional documentation may be required to update your OSAP file.

Information on a preferred name change is outlined in our Change of Name for Students Policy PDF (2mb)

How to Change Your Address with the College 

Address changes are done through MyMohawk.  

Be sure to notify the Financial Assistance Office of your new address.