Panic buttons are devices used to immediately and discretely contact Security in the event of an emergency.
When to use the alarm
Panic buttons may be fixed or portable
Fixed Device is secured to a surface (e.g. underneath desk or table). Portable Device may be carried on the person (e.g. on a chain or lanyard). Contact Security if you have a portable alarm to make arrangements for the device to be checked.
Know how to use the alarm
Panic alarms come in one button and two button styles. Know how to activate the alarm:
One Button Style: Press the button
Two Button Style: Press both buttons simultaneously
- Portable alarms are programmed to work in designated areas only. Be sure to know the boundaries for your activation area. For example: A portable alarm programmed for an office employee will not connect with Security if the alarm is activated from another location [e.g. parking lot etc...].
- Security Services checks the alarms regularly to ensure they are powered and operating properly. Contact Security if you have a portable alarm to make arrangements for the device to be checked.
- Check to see if you have panic alarms in your working area.
- Know where they are located.
- Know how to use them.
- Contact Security to check alarms in your area and verify operation