GIFT 2018: The Experience!
October 23, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Room A212, Fennell Campus
Light breakfast and lunch provided.
This year, we focus on exploring and celebrating the many amazing ways experiential learning integrates Mohawk students’ classroom learning with the real world. You’ll network with colleagues; exchange ideas; discover secrets to success - and pitfalls to avoid, as well as connect with college resources that can help with experiential learning in your course/program. In the afternoon, you’ll immerse yourself in the Diversity and Experiential Learning experience that will challenge the way you think about inclusivity and diversity.
8:30 a.m.: Registration/Breakfast
9:00 a.m.: Opening Plenary
9:30 a.m.: Field Experience – Pathfinder Indigenous Youth Program
10:00 a.m.: Break
10:15 a.m.: Concurrent Sessions:
- Field Experience: The Global Experience – Learning Abroad (live from Greece)
- Capstone Projects: Innovation in an Entrepreneur-based Course – A Capstone (Fit to Pitch)
- Labs: Captain Canuck / City School
- Service Learning: Community Projects with Your Students
- Simulation: Interprofessional Learning Event in the School of Health
- Applied Research: Student Centred Research in Chemical Sciences Programs
12:00 p.m.: Lunch / Exhibits / Resources
1:00 p.m.: Diversity and Experiential Learning – an active learning experience
3:00 p.m.: Closing Plenary