The Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training (CPI) 2 Day Foundation Course focuses on prevention and offers proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile or violent behaviour at the earliest possible stage.
• Identify behaviours that could lead to a crisis
• Effectively respond to each behavior to prevent the situation from escalating
• Use verbal and nonverbal techniques to defuse hostile behavior and resolve a crisis before it can become violent
• Cope with your own fear and anxiety
• Assess risk levels and consider the issues that impact decision making
Upon successful completion of training, participants will receive a CPI Blue Card.
This session is scheduled as a two day course and will start at 8:30 a.m. and end 12:00 p.m. each day.
This session is only open to employees of Mohawk College.
To register please e-mail professionaldevelopment [at] mohawkcollege.ca and forward your manager's approval to attend with your registration e-mail.