Institute for Applied Health Sciences Campus FAQs

General FAQ

What programs run out of the IAHS?

12 of Mohawk’s full-time Health Science programs are offered here:

  • Practical Nursing
  • BScN Nursing
  • Personal Support Worker
  • Canadian Health Care
  • Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses
  • Pharmacy Technician
  • Community Pharmacy Assistant
  • Personal Support Worker
  • Cardiovascular Technician
  • Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
  • Medical Radiation Sciences
  • Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant


As well as McMaster’s

  • Anatomy
  • School of Rehabilitation Sciences

What are the building hours? Library hours?

The IAHS Building is open every day from 7:30 am - 10:00 pm.

IAHS Library hours may vary. To view this week's hours, please visit the IAHS Library website

What are some of the ways I can get to the IAHS? What about parking?

Public Transportation

HSR Bus Routes

  • 10 B-Line Express
  • 1A King
  • 51 University

GO Bus Routes

Platform Routes
Platform 1 WB (47) Hamilton GO
Platform 2 EB (15, A) Aldershot GO
Platform 2 WB (15) Brantford GO
Platform 3 EB (47F) York U
Platform 4 EB (47A, B) Bramalea GO/Square One
Platform 5 EB (47C) Erin Mills Transitway Station
(47E) Oakville Carpool Lot
(47H) Bronte Carpool Lot

Visitor parking is available in lot I (next to the building) or lots M, N and P. Rates will vary.

View the McMaster Campus Map.

Who do I contact for IT support (computer problems, MyMohawk password resets, printer issues/setup, etc.)?

IAHS IT Help Desk has on-site support from 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. To contact IT at the IAHS, call (905) 575-1212 extension 2199 or email: helpdesk [at]

Once a message or email is left, you will be issued a ticket number. This ticket will ensure you that assistance is on its way. Keep this number handy to track the progress of your issue. During high volume times, IT will respond as quickly as possible, but some matters might take more time. Once your issue is handled, you will be sent an email saying “ticket number has been fulfilled”.

When sending requests form the IAHS, a technician that is on duty in that campus will contact you with assistance for your issue.

Note: For “urgent academic issues” in a Smart Room or Lab, dial (905) 575-1212 ext. 2199 option 1. All other issues option 4.

*** For IT assistance in rooms 367 and 405 please contact McMaster IT ***

How can I book a meeting or event space?

Staff and faculty can reserve microlabs, smart rooms, classrooms, conference rooms or specialty labs through the self-serve WhereEnCampus portal or by emailing IAHSroombookings [at]

Don’t have a WhereEnCampus account? Complete the “WhereEnCampus Training Tutorial” on eLearn to gain access.

Visitors and McMaster Student Union (MSU) groups can request a room or schedule an event by emailing IAHSevents [at]

I need access to Audio/Visual equipment in a room I booked, where do I go?

An AV key can be signed-out from The Square (room 186) by 3:30pm Monday to Friday. Keys must be returned to the dropbox located in room 141 within 24 hours of the event/rental.

Where are the First Aid Kits located on campus?

The First Aid Kits are located in Room 141, Student Life, the Library and at the kitchenettes on each floor.

Who do I contact in the event of an Emergency?

When on campus dial '88' from any university phone or call 905-522-4135.

Review the McMaster Emergency Guidebook for up-to-date emergency procedures. 




How can I book a study room at the IAHS?

Students may book a study room by visiting Student Life in room 112.

Note: Students do not have access to book microlabs, smart rooms, classrooms, conference rooms or specialty labs on the WhereEnCampus portal.

Where can I park?

Student parking is available in lots M, N and P. A parking pass can be purchased at the McMaster parking office located in the ET Clarke Centre, room 102.

Where can I get my ONE Card?

ONE Cards are issued at The Square on the first floor.

Where are the copiers and printers located?

The IAHS campus has all-in-one machines – located at The Square – that print, photocopy and scan. Payment can be made with your ONE Card. Printing fees are the same regardless of paper size but differ depending on whether you print single or double-sided.

What services does The Square offer?

The Square is a one-stop services area. The following services are offered at The Square:

  • CE Registration
  • Tuition Payments
  • Student Account Inquiries
  • Miscellaneous Payments
  • ONE Cards, Bus Passes
  • Locker Rentals
  • Counselling and Accessible Learning Services Appointments
  • AV Key Sign-Out
  • General Inquiries

If I am a Mohawk student but my program runs out of the IAHS can I stay in McMaster residence?

No, Mohawk students cannot stay in McMaster residences though there are a number of off-campus housing options available in the surrounding areas. Mohawk students may also stay at the Fennell residences though they are responsible for their own transportation to and from the IAHS campus (bus passes can be purchased at The Square and may be include in ancillary fees for some students).

Where is the athletic facility?

Mohawk students at the IAHS building can use the athletic facilities at the Fennell campus.

We are excited to announce that the YMCA of Hamilton, Burlington, Brantford and Flamborough is now offering students at the IAHS and Brantford campuses a membership in their fitness facilities at no extra cost.

Students can now visit any YMCA in Hamilton, Burlington, Brantford or Flamborough to register for a membership. All you have to do is bring your one card and verification of current enrolment and complete the required forms at the YMCA location of your choice. To find out more about the programs offered at the YMCA, visit their website.

While we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity if it is more convenient for you, the option of acquiring a membership from the David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre (DBARC) at the Fennell campus is still available for students at these satellite campuses. Simply visit the membership desk at DBARC today to fill out your forms and get started! You will need your one card to process the membership, and complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and membership form.



Where can I park? How do I acquire a parking permit?

Parking Lot I is the closest parking lot to the IAHS building.

To gain access to Parking Lot I please contact McMaster Parking, located at:

E.T. Clarke Centre, Room 102 or Campus Book Store at Gilmour Hall
McMaster University
Main Street West, Hamilton ON L8S 4L8

Or visit the McMaster Parking Services website

McMaster Parking will process your request for a Permit.

Alternatively, parking is available in lots M, N and P (across Cootes Drive). Permits for these lots are also available for purchase through McMaster Parking Services.

View the McMaster Campus Map. 

Who can I contact for exam, classroom or event setup and general building maintenance?

Building Services is responsible for class room set ups, special event set ups and exam set ups as well as general building maintenance such as temperature regulation, repairs, keys and telephone changes.

Contact IAHS Building Services, Monday-Friday by emailing IAHSBuildingServices [at] and submit a work request. Once your request has been submitted, you will be issued a ticket number. This ticket will ensure you that assistance is on its way. Keep this number handy to track the progress of your issue. Once your issue is handled, you will be sent an email saying “ticket number has been fulfilled”.

Where are the copiers and printers located?

Copy and scan machines are located in rooms 125, 211, 233 and 329.

Please contact your reporting manager for your department copier code. This code will enable you to access the copier/printer in your area. For toner/paper, please contact Building Services

How can I print a number of handouts, assignments, tests or exams (faculty only)?

If you need to print documents for a course that you are teaching, you can ask the Mohawk College Print Shop for help. To request to have your documents printed, you can create a ticket by logging-in to MyMohawk and filling out a Marketing Services Request Form under the Employee tab. The Print Shop will review your documents to ensure they’re in the correct format for printing, notify you on the status of your print job and inform you when it is ready to be picked up.

How do I acquire an A/V key?

Mohawk Employees - Please complete the key request form found under the “employee” section of MyMohawk. Ensure your supervisor signs your form prior to sending to Fennell.

McMaster Faculty – Please complete the Mohawk College Key Request Form with the date, your name, your McMaster email address, your room number, your phone number and your Mohawk program/department affiliation.

Mohawk security will assign you an ID number. This form must be sent your supervisor to sign before being forwarded to Mohawk security at the Fennell Campus.