How many hours of FREE one-to-one Tutoring can I access?
3 hours per week (2 hours maximum per day); unlimited drop-in, group, or open labs.
How far in advance can I book a tutoring appointment?
Appointments must be booked online at least 2-7 days in advance
Where do I meet my tutor?
- At Fennell: C122
- At Stoney Creek: Check In at Student Life - Room A125
- At McMaster: Check In at Student Life - Room 112
All tutoring must take place on campus
How do I book with a tutor in my program?
- Use the Limit to function to filter by course name/code, to select a tutor in your subject/program area.
- Visit the Learning Support Centre @ Fennell [C122] for assistance
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Other necessary materials
- Come prepared! Tutoring sessions are not designated time to start an assignment.
What will my tutor help me with?
- Review your homework
- Work through sample problems
- Explain concepts
- Prompt you through steps and let you know when you've made a mistake.
- Offer suggestions for studying and preparing for tests.
- Tutors will NOT do your homework assignments for you.
How do I cancel an appointment?
- 4:00 PM the day before your appointment
Call: 905-575-1212 ext. 3279
E-mail: lscpeer.tutor [at] mohawkcollege.ca (@mohawkcollege.ca)
In person: LSC (Room C122)
- Two cancellations after 4:00 PM the day before your appointment may result in suspension of booking ability for the remainder of the semester.
What happens if I miss an appointment?
- You must show up within 15 minutes of your start time or it will be marked as a no-show.
- Two no-shows will result in suspension of your account for 1 week. Any future missed appointments or late cancellations will result in bookings being prohibited for the remainder of the semester.
What happens if my tutor has to miss my appointment?
- Every effort will be made to notify you, as soon as the information is available.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee another tutor will be available for their time slot.
- We do our best to post cancellations for drop-in/group tutoring in the Learning Support Centre or on our website.
What happens if I can't find a tutor for my course/program?
- Please contact or visit us. We can assist you in the matching process.
Subject to demand; we cannot guarantee you will be seen by a Tutor. Please be aware that the primary focus of the Peer Tutor Program is to provide tutoring in the first year subjects. There are no guarantees that a Peer Tutor will be available for your subject.
Reminder: You are responsible for your work and final grades. Please refer to the college’s Academic Honesty Policy (opens PDF, 476kb).