OSAP applications for the current academic year are available on the OSAP (opens new window) website.
If you have been approved for OSAP funding, your enrolment will be confirmed 15 days before the semester start, if you have:
- Selected your timetable
- Registered to at least 60 percent course load hours (40 percent if you have a documented disability)
- Submitted all required OSAP documents
- No "holds" on your student account
- Been successful in the previous semester(s)
A few reminders:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your tuition has been paid in full even if you indicated "Yes" to tuition redirect on your OSAP application. Please ensure that you have no outstanding balance from the previous semester by checking your account balance on MyMohawk. To do this:
- Log in to MyMohawk
- Select the "Student Finances" tab
- "My statement"
- “My Financial Statement”
- You need to make a minimum $500 deposit to select your timetable if you are starting the first semester of the academic year or the first semester of your program in the Fall semester. You will not be able to choose your timetable if you have not paid the required deposit. If you did not make a payment by the deadline date indicated on your fee statement, a late fee of $150 will be applied to your account. Read the Fee Payment and Reference Guide (opens PDF, 1mb).
- Your OSAP application included estimates of your study period income. You need to update the Financial Assistance Office on any changes to the income estimated on your OSAP application. Failure to do so may cause income variance restrictions and impact your future OSAP funding.
Are you going to be on your Co-op work term? Make sure you complete your online Continuation of Interest-Free Status every semester to avoid being charged interest on your OSAP loan.
Any questions or concerns regarding your OSAP should be directed to your Financial Assistance Advisor (based on the first letter of your last name).