Mohawk College Financial Resources:
- Mohawk Financial Assistance
- Awards, Scholarships and Bursaries
- Continuing Education Bursaries
- Mohawk College Awards Search
- Mo' Money Financial Literacy Resource Centre
- Accounting and Payroll Services
Follow us on Social Media:
Government Financial Resources:
- Canada Apprentice Loan - assistance to complete your apprenticeship in a designated Red Seal trade
- Education Funding Information
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- National Student Loans (CanLearn)
- Student Financial Assistance
- National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) Toolbox (banking and payment forms)
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Out of Province Government Financial Assistance Program
- Tax Information for Students
External Award Resources:
- Indigenous Bursaries Search Tool
- Canadian Government International Scholarships
- Ontario School of Counsellors' Association
- Fund Your Future
- Hamilton Community Foundation
- Institute for Advancements in Mental Health (IAM) Scholarship
- Scholarships Canada
- yconic - Student Awards
- Campus Student Employment Program
- CareerReady at Mohawk
- Community Employment Services
- Co-op Services Job Centre
- Employment Resource Centre
- Student Engagement
- Under 30? Try Ontario Ready. Set. Work.
Become a Volunteer:
Online tools and calculators:
There are many free online tools and calculators to help you manage your money, calculate savings, calculate interest or amounts owed, or plan for your future. Try a few and see which ones are right for you.
Account Comparison Tool (FCAC)
Compare features for different chequing and savings accounts, including interest rates, monthly fees and transactions. Find an account that best suits your needs.
Budget Planner (FCAC)
The Budget Planner helps you create a customized budget in 3 simple steps. Gather information regarding your income and expenses and get started! If you don’t have all your information, you can always save and continue later.
Budget Planner & Expense Tracker (Credit Canada)
This free online expense tracker and budget spreadsheet gives you a complete breakdown of how you spend your money on a monthly basis.
Compound Interest Calculator (Get Smarter About Money)
Find out how your investment will grow over time with compound interest.
Credit Card Payment Calculator (FCAC)
It is always best to pay off your credit card balance in full by the due date indicated on your statement. If you can’t, you can still reduce the amount of interest you will have to pay. The credit card payment calculator compares 3 different payment options to pay off your credit card balance.
Debt management calculators (Credit Counselling Society)
These calculators can help you to see how much interest you are paying on your loan or credit card, how long it could take you to pay off your loan, and other debt-related calculations.
Education Cost Calculator (Get Smarter About Money)
Use this calculator to estimate the cost of your post-secondary education and see if your planned savings will be enough. If you have a funding shortfall, use the debt calculator to compare up to 3 different loan and repayment options.
Financial Relief Navigator (Prosper Canada)
Learn about the help you can get to raise your income or lower your expenses in these challenging times.
SmartSAVER Savings Calculator (SmartSAVER)
Use this calculator to see how your education savings could add up year by year.
Spending Habits Calculator (Get Smarter About Money)
Use this calculator to see how changes to your spending habits can impact your budget and help you save more of your money.
Use this calculator to estimate the value of the investments in your TFSA when you’re ready to withdraw them, and compare this amount to the value of your investments in a non-registered plan to see your overall estimated tax savings