Income Taxes

All current and former Mohawk College students can print their completed T2202A and T4A tax forms via MyMohawk. A brief description of each of these forms is given below.

As of the 2014 tax year, T4A forms are no longer mailed to you. If you have trouble accessing them online, please contact IT Service Desk for assistance.

T2202A (Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate)

This government-approved form shows how much tuition you paid for the prior calendar year and your Education Credits for the period. T2202A forms are not to be mailed to you.

Elimination of T2202 form for students with disabilities:

As of the 2013 tax year, the T2202 Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (not the same as the T2202A) form was eliminated.

For complete details please visit the Canada Revenue Agency's website.

T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income)

The Canada Revenue Agency requires Mohawk to report bursaries, scholarships and awards provided to students. These amounts are shown as income with a box code of 105. This amount reflects amounts you have received from Mohawk during the calendar year, that is, from January 1-December 31.

Note for students whose fees are covered under a tuition waiver:

Fee waivers are considered scholarships given to the student. Therefore, students receive T4As with the waived amount as a scholarship. The student must include the amount in their income tax calculation. For a more detailed explanation, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.

T4 (Statement of Remuneration Paid)

This tax form, which shows any income you have earned at Mohawk.  

Please log into MyMohawk - "Student Finances" -  "Financial Tools" for more information on how to print off a T2202A Tuition Tax Receipt and your T4A (If you received Awards, Scholarships or Bursaries).

Income Tax Forms

Do I get a T2202A form?

T2202A forms are issued to students who have paid $100.00 or more in eligible fees for post-secondary level courses beginning and ending in a particular calendar year.

Why are you providing the T2202A on the web?

One of our goals is to provide faster and more efficient service to our students and to provide more self-service via the web. As well, each year we receive many return mailings because students did not update their addresses with the college.

Why doesn't my T2202A form match the amount I paid for my course?

The total amount of tuition fees paid may not necessarily correspond to your T2202A because not all of fees included in the tuition fee are tax deductible.

Fees that are not eligible include: Student Association fee, medical care; transportation and parking, meals and lodging, goods of lasting value that you will keep, such as a computer, microscope, uniform or an academic gown, initiation or entrance fees to a professional organization or cost of books (other than books that are included in the total fees for a correspondence course.)

I received my T2202A form but the address on it is incorrect. Do I need a new one?

You may submit the T2202A as received even if the address is incorrect. Note that it is not necessary for students to submit the T2202A form with the tax return, but they must produce it if requested by Revenue Canada.

Please note that you can correct your address on Self-service in MyMohawk.

Additional Information about taxes

For more detailed information, you can get information at the Canada Revenue Agency (opens new window) website, Canada Revenue Agency publishes a booklet called Students & Income Tax.