1. I am an ambassador of the program and of the College, hence I will be professional at all times. I also recognize that while on this work term I will remain a registered student at Mohawk College subject to all the College's rules and regulations.
2. I understand that I am responsible for all of my own costs during my placement (meals, internet etc.)
3. I will report to work every day, on time, and will work the hours specified by the host organization.
4. I will adhere to standards of professional conduct and will keep all information that I am privy to confidential during and after my placement.
5. If I must be absent due to illness/injury, I will:
FIRST: Phone the host organization within one-half hour of my normal start time. I will call in every day of my absence.
SECOND: E-mail my program coordinator, Nicole Vincic at Nicole.vincic [at] mohawkcollege.ca and provide name of host employer, reason for my absence, estimated date of return, and a telephone number where I can be reached.
6. If I sustain any injury on the job, I will immediately notify my supervisor and I will contact Operations Manager at (905) 575-1212 x 3695.
7. If I encounter any problems on the job, I will try to resolve them with my supervisor. If I am unable to resolve the problem on my own, or if I do not feel comfortable doing so, I will contact my program coordinator, Nicole Vincic at Nicole.vincic [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
8. I will schedule any personal appointments outside of working hours. If this is not possible, I will discuss with my supervisor how I can make up the missed time.
9. I will conform to all of the host organization's policies and procedures.