Communications mentoring encompasses revitalizing skills related to collaboration and communication in order to optimize effectiveness and enable successful relationship building and networking. This may include navigating difficult conversations as well as tailoring conversations based on knowing your audience.
Development and Career Guidance
Personal development or the development of others requires time, effort and planning. Mentoring in this area will focus on enriching personal skills associated with career aspirations, and providing tips and suggestions related to training and growth of self or others.
Mentors will assist with understanding the community and culture at Mohawk College and providing best practices and knowledge for mentees to gain big picture insight and expertise. Development of viewing projects and opportunities with a strategic focus will be highlighted.
Mentors will share expertise in areas such as: budget oversight, people management, networking for service requests, processes, and procedures in order to assist mentees with operational efficiency and knowledge.
Mentees in new leadership roles, or who wish to transition to a leadership position will gain valuable insight into leadership styles and skills. Mentors will share best practices related to influencing and motivating staff and impacting employee engagement in a positive way.
The more detail you provide, the better we will be able to match you with a mentor.
Please acknowledge your agreement with the statements below:
- I understand that the Mohawk Mentoring Program involves Mentors spending a minimum of one hour every month with a Mentee for the 10 month duration of program.
- I understand that I will be required to complete a Mentee Orientation session.
- I understand that the Mentoring Program Manager will routinely perform quality assessments of the program and all participants for continuous improvement
- I understand that information shared between Mentors and Mentees in this program will need to be treated in a confidential manner.
- I have spoken with my manager and have their approval to participate in the mentoring program.
- I understand that I will be asked to complete a Personal Profile Assessment (DISC) which is a psychometric assessment tool, as part of this program.
- I certify to the best of my ability that the information provided above is true and accurate, I understand the involved commitments, and I am interested in becoming a Mentee in this program.
Please note that the information above will be held in confidence and only used for the purpose of the mentoring program. Thank you for your interest.
Please submit once and wait for the confirmation page.