Welcome! Your profile could help you get $$$!
Please read the following important information:
The MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile for the Winter 2020 semester will be available starting November 15th until January 20th, 4:30 pm.
**International Students can now complete this application to be reviewed for available International awards for the current semester for any award where they meet the criteria.
** Domestic Students will be included in reviews for available funding including awards for the current semester for any funding where they meet the criteria.
- Reviews for available funding will continue throughout the semester.
- Before you start this application make sure you have your application letter prepared in a .pdf file format. Need some help, use our Helpful Tips to create your letter.
- You will be required to upload the letter prior to submission of the application. (if you do not upload a letter it will restrict you in the types of reviews you can be included in)
- IMPORTANT - make sure you have completed your budget for the upcoming semester. Your expenses will be requested for a month time frame. Your resources may be either by month or by a semester (4 month period). **Ensure you have the correct totals prior to completing this profile.
- If you require any adjustment on your submission you must complete a new profile application. Financial Assistance will not update or change your original submission amounts.
- For your online application to be considered you must be registered in full time status for the upcoming semester as per Ministry guidelines.
- Domestic students can be reviewed for financial assistance support if your budget submission demonstrates financial need as calculated by the Financial Assistance Office. The FA Office will include all available confirmed resources. You may be contacted for confirmation or proof of claimed expenses.
- If you have attended Mohawk previously and have not demonstrated academic success in your last active semester you will not be supported.
- If you are supported with funding and then decide to withdraw or reduce your course load to below full time status up to the end of the semester, you will have all support funding rescinded.
- It will be your responsibility to return all rescinded and issued funding. If required 'Holds' and a charge may be placed on your student account.
Make sure to check your Mohawk email address regularly for updates.
- You will be notified to the outcome of your submission.
- Reviews will be ongoing for the duration of the semester. As the funding reviews are completed the determined recipients will be notified at their MyMohawk email. It is the student's responsibility to monitor and respond as requested
- Failure to respond to notification or requests may result in your MyMohawk Financial Assistance Profile application being removed from possible review and potential loss of funding.
- Academic success in your previous semester or previous academic record is required to be included in reviews.
Financial Assistance contacts students at their MyMohawk email address. Students completing and submitting their MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile application are responsible to read and review all messages from Financial Assistance. Students inquiring about their MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile application submission must send their inquiry from their MyMohawk email account. Students can indicate if they do not want to receive emails from Financial Assistance but notifications or updates to MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile application submissions will not be sent to an alternate email address.
All information submitted with a MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile will be kept in strictest confidence and can only be disclosed to the student applicant via their MyMohawk email.
By completing and submitting the MyMohawk Financial Assessment Profile, you (the applicant) are making the following consents and declarations:
I certify that the information provided on this application and financial summary is, to the best of my knowledge, true and complete. I confirm that I have not knowingly made any false statements or misrepresentations in this application or other document, or included any false or misleading information.
I understand that failure to provide complete, accurate and updated information and documentation, either in my application or in response to requests for verification or audit purposes, may preclude me from receiving financial assistance in the future, and may result in the cancellation of my current award and/or other benefits, such as bursaries and interest-free status.
I understand that Financial Assistance staff will be reviewing and adjusting financial information based on allowable expense ranges and financial resources I did not declare.
I understand that if I am the successful recipient of a scholarship or bursary, I must:
- Submit a Personal Information Form and additional documentation, upon request. Failure to submit documentation by the deadline, may result in the financial assistance funding being rescinded.
- Be enrolled in a full-time course load after the add/drop date of the semester and maintain good academic standing as per Mohawk guidelines. Failure to maintain full-time status and good academic standing may influence funding support.
- Notify Financial Assistance, in writing, of changes in my period of study, academic information or financial status throughout my period of studies.
Receiving financial assistance funding may reduce the amount of my OSAP funding. If I am a bursary or scholarship recipient, an electronic T4A will be issued and available via my MyMohawk account for tax purposes.
All communication/notifications from Financial Assistance will be sent to my MyMohawk email account only. Failure to respond to notifications, by the deadline, may result in financial assistance funding being rescinded.
Mohawk College is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. In accordance with Section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O 1990, c. F.31, this is to advise you that your personal information is collected under the legal authority of the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002, and may be used and/or disclosed for administrative, statistical and/or research purposes of the College and/or ministries and agencies of the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada, including but not limited to, tabulating and reporting data on Key Performance Indicators (graduation rate, graduate employment, graduate satisfaction and employer satisfaction). Students may also be contacted by ministry or college authorized third parties for your voluntary participation in surveys to evaluate student and graduate experience and outcomes. If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the College, please contact the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, 135 Fennell Avenue West, Hamilton, ON, L9C 0E5, 905-575-1212 ext. 2189.
Information on bursaries and scholarships, award recipients and academic achievement may be disclosed to the award donor and used for promotional, statistical and research purposes by the College, other postsecondary educational institutions and the federal and provincial governments.
I have read, understand and agree to the important information above.