The MCACES Advisory Council is an exciting student leadership opportunity for Continuing Education (CE) students. Council Members ensure that the interests of all Continuing Education Students are represented and support the MCACES Resource Centre in its outreach to CE students.
Council Member Roles and Responsibilities
Council Members must be a current CE Student pursuing a Continuing Education Certificate or Diploma.
Council Members will:
- Represent the voice and interests of all Continuing Education students on all Mohawk College campuses.
- Attend & actively engage in MCACES Advisory Council Meetings* (8-10 meetings per year, August - May).
- Be a Student Leader/Ambassador for Continuing Education/MCACES Resource Centre
- Contribute to opportunities around the College that would benefit from the Continuing Education student voice
- Support events hosted for Continuing Education students through attending/volunteering
We anticipate this commitment to be 5-8 hours/month.
*Please note that Advisory Council meetings are currently scheduled to take place the 2nd Wednesday evening of every month.
Specific questions can be directed to:
Pearl Mendonça, Manager – MCACES Resource Centre
pearl.mendonca [at] mohawkcollege.ca