Tests that are administered to students with testing accommodations (CAAPs)
- As per our policy, all accommodated tests must be booked at least 7 days in advance. If a short-term booking can be accommodated (less than 7 days), students are advised to notify their instructor of this late request.
- If a student books a test on a different date and/or time than their scheduled class test, the student is responsible for receiving permission from their instructor.
Please review the following process if your student(s) require accommodated testing:
- Student is to provide their instructor with their CAAP prior to booking a testing appointment
- At the beginning of the semester remind students to book their tests seven days in advance. Students should refer to the course outline for dates of midterms and exams.
- Remind students to book their test through their MyMohawk account 7 days in advance.
Please note that not all students with testing accommodations choose to write their tests in the testing centre.
- A testing request (email) and Testing Detail Form or ATARF (attachment) will be sent to your (the faculty members) Mohawk email account
- Please fill out the Testing Detail Form or ATARF and email or drop the form off with the test or exam a minimum of 48 hours in advance to the Testing Center
- You must include your full contact information at the time of the test in the instance the student has any questions or if the student is eligible for clarification based on their CAAP
If the test is not available in advance of the student’s appointment, the following protocol is in place:
48 hrs in Advance: Faculty will receive an email reminder
24 hrs in advance: Faculty will receive an email reminder and phone call
Day of test: Faculty will be contacted & Associate Dean will be notified
Please note: If a short-term booking can be accommodated by the Testing Centre (less than 7 days), students are advised to notify their instructor of this late request.
The online booking system will not permit students to book their test less than seven days in advance. If a student requires a test booking less than seven days in advance (short-term booking), they must visit the Testing Centre for an override, if the Centre is able to accommodate. If the Testing Centre cannot accommodate this, the student may choose to book on an alternate date. If this is the case, the student is required to contact the instructor for permission prior to booking their test on a different date and/or time than their scheduled class test.
Missed & Make-Up Testing (Fennell and IAHS Campus ONLY):
Tests that are administered to students who require testing outside of scheduled class times due to a conflict or a special consideration
- Our primary focus is on Pre-Admission/Post-Admission Testing and Accommodated Testing. Missed and make-up testing will occur if and when there is availability in the testing centre.
- During peak periods we are not able to accommodate large numbers of missed and make-up testing.
- Please provide the Testing Centre with no more than 5 tests at a time; testing is contingent on space availability
- Tests are administered on a first-come first-serve basis at the Fennell Campus and must be scheduled at the IAHS campus
- All tests must be accompanied by a Referral form:
- Please click here for the Fennell Missed/Makeup Referral Form. Once completed, you may drop off tests to room A124, Fennell Campus or email test and referral form to alternativetesting.fennell [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Please click here for the IAHS Missed/Makeup Referral Form. Once completed, you may drop off tests to room 135, IAHS Campus or email test and referral form to disabilitytesting.iahs [at] mohawkcollege.ca
- Consider Alternative Testing Methods: If an alternative can be used for missed / make-up testing (in-class tests, online proctoring) please explore this option to relieve the congestion in the testing centre
- If a student arrives to the testing centre and the test is not available, the student will be referred to contact their instructor to arrange testing on an alternate date
Please review the following process if a student(s) requires a make-up test:
- Please drop off the test:
- at least 48 hours in advance to the testing centre (Fennell Campus)
- at least 3 days in advance to the testing centre (IAHS Campus)
- Please specify a date and time for the student to write – the student will be held accountable to this time.
(at the IAHS Campus, the instructor must co-ordinate the date and time and specify this on the referral form – the student will be held accountable to this time)
- Ask the student to go to the test centre during the specified Missed/Makeup hours (see our website – )
- This process is not meant for students with accommodations (CAAPs)
If students request resources not indicated on the Referral Form, the test has not been provided to the Testing Centre or the test is past due, staff will instruct the student to contact their instructor.
The Testing Centre staff cannot accommodate contacting instructors for questions during Missed/Makeup testing. The staff will request students make an assumption and/or write their questions on the test paper.