Winter 2021 students that require the Assessments for Success will receive an email mid-October 2020.
Once you receive your 'Assessments for Success' email, please follow the instructions below to book your appointment.
Step By Step Instructions
You can book your Assessments for Success online by logging into your MyMohawk Account:
- Login to MyMohawk.
- Click on the “Registration” tab.
- Click on “Book My Assessment for Success”.
- Book your assessment date and time.
- Prepare for your assessment by reviewing the Assessment Procedures and by using our online resources.
- Arrive at the assessment online session 15 minutes before your scheduled date and time.
- Write your assessment.
- Receive your results and any developmental work you may be required to complete immediately following the assessment.
Please note: Assessments will be written in a remote virtual environment.
All students with disabilities who require testing accommodation for writing the Assessments for Success should contact Accessible Learning Services Reception at 905-575-2211 for assistance. Students will be directed to complete a Confidential Intake Form and scheduled into a Accessible Learning Services Group Intake Session. Full Accessible Learning Services Registration Information is available at Accessible Learning Services.
Technical requirements to write the assessment virtually:
The Assessments for Success will be administered through Mohawk College's LMS platform - My Canvas. The technologies Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor will be used during your test. A Zoom Support session will be available for any students requiring assistance.
Students must meet all the mandatory requirements, in order to complete their assessment through virtual proctoring:
- Access to a computer or laptop (no tablets, iPads or Chromebooks)
- Stable internet or WIFI
- Quiet space with no disruptions
- Webcam and microphone
Please ensure you have one of the following operating systems for MyCanvas, Respondus Lockdown and Respondus Monitor:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OSX 10.10 or newer
- Go to the Zoom website, download and install Zoom: https://www.zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.
- To check that Zoom was set up correctly, click here: https://www.zoom.us/test. Please use the option to join with video. You will need to test your microphone and speaker.
- For information on Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor, please click here.