Workplace Communication Skills for Business - FREE Online Course
Do you have education or work experience running your own business, sales or marketing?
Improve your workplace communication skills in the business sector with Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT). OSLT is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and is offered for FREE to eligible candidates.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with customers, colleagues, employees, suppliers, financial officers and government officials.
- network and connect with local business associations, employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and workplace settings.
Group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in business will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills
- You are a permanent resident or a protected person living in Ontario
- You have training or work experience in:
- Sales and Marketing, or
- Entrepreneurship (owning a business)
- You have English at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmark 6 to 8)
- To obtain proof of your Canadian Language Benchmark, contact in Hamilton: YMCA Immigrant Services: 25 Main Street West, 905-526-8452, or 211 Centennial Parkway North, 905-662-9400, or
- Find an assessment centre in Ontario
- You are familiar with computers and related technology
- You have access to a computer with a camera, microphone, and sound as well as an Internet connection.
- Course schedule: from September 28, 2020 to February 27, 2021
- Online meetings: Mondays and Thursdays from 7 pm to 9 pm, and Saturdays from 9 am to 11 am
- Online work per week: 6 hours of online meetings with your class and 4 hours of individual work per week.
- OSLT is an online course: students will need to set up a schedule and regular routine for completing the individual activities each week
What questions do you have?
Contact us: learnenglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Question%20about%20Accessing%20the%20Health%20Care%20Job%20Market%20in%20Ontario%20) cityschool [at] mohawkcollege.ca ( )
Call: 905-575-1212 Ext. 3092
Looking for a job in your field of experience?
Other free services and programs available at the college: