Important information: Please note that as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the programs listed below will be delivered online from September to December.
Get ready for college!
LINC College Preparation will help you to develop the skills you need to succeed in college. The fast-paced learning environment prepares you for the demands of college. This course meets the English requirement for post-secondary admission at Mohawk College and is offered for FREE to eligible participants.
Develop skills for college:
- Critical reading and thinking
- Academic research skills and academic writing skills
- Academic presentation skills
- Attending college lectures
- Group work skills
- Study, note-taking and time management skills
- Test/exam-taking skills
- Using online learning management system
- Listening/Speaking module:
- Monday 9 am to 2:15 pm, Wednesday 12 pm to 2 pm, Thursday 9 am to 2:15 pm
- Reading/Writing module:
- Tuesday 9 am to 2:15 pm, Wednesday 9 am to 11 am, Friday 9 am to 1 pm
- Duration: 14 week semesters
- Transportation assistance may be available to eligible students
To be eligible participants must:
- Be permanent residents of Canada or protected persons (with Notice of Decision)
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 6:
Obtain your proof of Canadian Language Benchmark assessment at YMCA Immigrant Services, 25 Main Street West, 905-526-8452, or 211 Centennial Parkway North, 905-662-9400
Next semester start in September
What questions do you have?
Contact us: learnenglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Question%20about%20Accessing%20the%20Health%20Care%20Job%20Market%20in%20Ontario%20)
Mohawk College, Fennell Campus, Room J211
Looking for a job in your field of experience?