Accessing the Business Job Market in Ontario - FREE online course
Do you have education or work experience from your country in sales and marketing or running your own business? Apply to this free course funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Start February 8, 2021!
This 40-hour online course will help you to:
- Conduct research related to your job search, such as labour market trends, occupational requirements, pathways for working in your occupation and networking opportunities.
- Analyze job ads to better understand what employers are looking for and how to tailor an application.
- Describe your professional experience and present your knowledge and skills effectively.
- Create a plan for moving forward in a job search.
Who is eligible?
- Permanent residents or protected persons living in Ontario
- With training or work experience from their country in Sales and Marketing, or Entrepreneurship (owning a business)
- With English at an intermediate level: Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 6-8
- To obtain proof of your CLB assessment contact in Hamilton YMCA Immigrant Services: 905-526-8452 or 905-662-9400 or find an assessment centre in Ontario
- Course schedule: from February 8 to March 19
- Online meetings: Thursdays from 7 pm to 8 pm
- Online work per week: 6 hours of individual work per week.
- OSLT is an online course where participants need to:
- set up a schedule and regular routine for completing the individual activities each week.
- be familiar with computers and related technology.
- have access to a computer with a camera, microphone, and sound as well as an Internet connection.
What questions do you have?
Contact us: learnenglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Question%20about%20OSLT%20Business)
Call: 905-575-1212 Ext. 3092
Looking for a job in your field of experience?
Other free services and programs available at the college: