FREE Accessing the Health Care Job Market in Ontario
Do you have education or work experience from your country in the health care sector?Apply Online
This practical and innovative 40-hour online course will help you:
- Conduct research related to a job search, such as labour market trends, occupational requirements, pathways for working in your occupation, networking opportunities and helpful resources.
- Analyze job ads to better understand what employers are looking for and how to tailor your application.
- Introduce yourself in the job search context.
- Describe your professional experience and present your knowledge, skills and attributes effectively.
- Assess your employability and create a plan for moving forward in your job search.
The course is closed for new submissions.
Who is eligible?
- You are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person who lives in Ontario
- You have prior knowledge or experience as:
- dental hygienist
- medical laboratory technologist or medical radiation technologist
- occupational therapist
- personal support worker
- sleep technologist
- You have English at an intermediate level Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 6 to 8
- To obtain proof of your CLB, please contact YMCA Immigrant Services at (905) 662-9400 or (905) 526-8452 or visit YMCA's page
- Online meetings: you will participate in a one-hour weekly video conference with your class on Thursdays from 7:30-8:30 pm
- OSLT is an online course: students will need to set up a schedule and regular routine for completing the individual activities each week
- Students will need access to a computer with video and audio capabilities as well as an Internet connection.
Welcome to OSLT
What questions do you have?
Contact us: learnenglish [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Question%20about%20Accessing%20the%20Health%20Care%20Job%20Market%20in%20Ontario%20)
Call: 905-575-1212 Ext. 3092
Do you have education and work experience from your country? Learn how to access the Canadian job market
Other free services and programs available at the college: