Applications are currently closed.
Learn about other FREE courses and programs for newcomers at
- Part-time format: the course allows you to learn without interrupting your current employment.
- OSLT is an online course: you will need to set up a schedule and regular routine for completing the individual activities each week.
- Technology requirement: you must have access to a computer with a camera, microphone, and sound as well as an Internet connection.
- Upon successful completion, OSLT graduates will earn a Mohawk certificate.
40-hour online course
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- apply your workplace communication training in a variety of older adult care settings.
- better communicate when working in older adult care.
- understand the cultural dimensions of older adult care in Ontario.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in older adult care will help you:
- describe your experience and strengths relevant for working in older adult care.
- manage interactions with older adults.
- manage interactions with older adults’ family members.
you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Health Care or Interprofessional Health Care Teams, and
you have training or experience as a:
personal support worker
you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario
Welcome to OSLT
Are you looking for a job? Learn how to access the Canadian job market
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici