Workplace Communication Skills for Older Adult Care.
Do you want to communicate better in older adult care settings? This course will help you manage interactions with older adults and with their family members.
Applications are closed. Sign up to receive notifications about the next courses!
- Part-time format: the course allows you to learn without interrupting your current employment.
- Course dates: from February 21 to March 24 with online meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
- OSLT is an online course: you will need to set up a schedule and regular routine for completing the individual activities each week.
- Technology requirement: you must have access to a computer with a camera, microphone, and sound as well as an Internet connection.
- Upon successful completion, OSLT graduates will earn a Mohawk certificate.
40-hour online course
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- apply your workplace communication training in a variety of older adult care settings.
- better communicate when working in older adult care.
- understand the cultural dimensions of older adult care in Ontario.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in older adult care will help you:
- describe your experience and strengths relevant for working in older adult care.
- manage interactions with older adults.
- manage interactions with older adults’ family members.
you have successfully completed an OSLT course in Health Care or Interprofessional Health Care Teams, and
you have training or experience as a:
personal support worker
you are a permanent resident or a protected person who lives in Ontario
Welcome to OSLT
Are you looking for a job? Learn how to access the Canadian job market
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici