Register for Open House
Receive regular updates and stay connected leading up to Mohawk’s Open House (November 1 – 12). You’ll gain access to helpful resources and be entered for a chance to win one of five $100 Visa Gift Cards if you register by October 31, 2021.
Fall 2021 Virtual Open House – Registration Contest Rules
Win one of five $100 Visa Gift Card by registering for Mohawk’s Fall 2021 Virtual Open House by October 31, 2021.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO, CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE INTERPRETED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW.
Official Contest Rules
1. This Contest, which is sponsored by The Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology (“Mohawk”), begins on October 1, 2021 and closes on October 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Period"), after which time no further entries will be accepted.
2. ENTRY TERMS: Eligible applicants are those who have completed the pre-registration form for Mohawk College’s Open House Event between October 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person. In the event it is discovered that any individual attempted to enter the Contest more than once, all entries by that individual will be disqualified from this Contest. All entries become the property of Mohawk and none will be returned. By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules (“Rules”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, an eligible entrant must complete the Mohawk College registration page form and answer the skill-testing question, as set out below.
4. PRIZES: Five (5) Prizes are available to be won, consisting of a $100 Visa Gift Card. The Prize winner is solely responsible for any additional costs, taxes or fees not expressly described herein including, without limitation, all personal expenses of any kind. Prize winners must claim their Prize within the period of time as set out in these Rules or as otherwise determined by Mohawk. Failure to claim a Prize when required by these Rules will result in forfeiture and, in such event, an alternate winner will be selected from among the other eligible entries received. In the event a Prize winner is under the age of majority, he or she must receive written consent from a parent or guardian to accept the Prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. There will be no substitutions except at Mohawk’s option. Mohawk reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value.
In order to win, selected entrants must first have correctly answered the following mathematical skill-testing question: (15 - 1) – (3 x 3) =
5. RANDOM DRAW AND ODDS: One Prize will be awarded to an eligible entrant, randomly drawn from all eligible submissions received during the Contest Period. The random draw will take place at or shortly after 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on November 1, 2021.
The total number of Prize(s) available to be won during the Contest Period are as follows:
- Date: November 1, 2021
- Number of Prizes Available: 5
- Prize: $100 Visa Gift Card
Winners will be notified within 48-hours from the draw by phone or email message. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within such 48-hour period after being selected, he or she will forfeit their Prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Prizes will be only delivered to confirmed winners. Shipping costs will be borne by the winner if delivery by any means other than pick-up at Mohawk is requested.
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winners, or their parent or legal guardian (in the event that they are under the age of majority), will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by Mohawk, a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that he or she (a) has read and understood these Rules, (b) grants all consents required and authorizes Mohawk to broadcast, publish and disseminate the winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winners, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, (c) accepts the Prize as offered and (d) releases and indemnifies Mohawk, its directors, officers, faculty, employees and staff from any and all liability of any kind arising out of or relating to the potential winner‘s participation in this Contest, or to their receipt and use of a Prize.
In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the eligibility criteria as set out in these Rules, Mohawk will have the right to disqualify such potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner. All decisions made by Mohawk with respect to any aspect of this Contest are final and binding.
The odds of winning one of the Prizes will depend on the total number of eligible entries received as at each draw date during the Contest Period.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees:
- that he or she has read, understood and will abide by these Rules;
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Mohawk, whose decisions are final;
- to provide proof of age, proof of registration in an eligible program and proof of Ontario residency;
- to allow Mohawk to use the winner's name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, recording, video footage or statements for editorial purposes without compensation other than the value of the Prize offered; and
- that a winner must return all necessary information, releases and consents required by these Rules within seven (7) days following notification that the entrant has won, failing which the Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate randomly drawn entry.
7. ELIGIBILITY: THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO, CANADA. This Contest is only open to residents of Ontario, Canada who are over the age of majority (or have the consent of their parents or guardians if under the age of majority).
The following are ineligible to win Prizes or enter this Contest: (a) employees of Mohawk or its corporate partners, employees of any other public college in Ontario, each of their respective spouses, parents, children and siblings and any other person living in the same residence with any of them, and (b) persons who are enrolled in Academic Upgrading or English as a Second Language.
To be eligible for the Prize draw, entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. October 31, 2021.
8. GENERAL RULES: Mohawk will not be held responsible or bear any liability for:
- late-received, lost, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which will be deemed void, or for any typographical or other production or distribution errors;
- entries which fail to comply with these Rules;
- failure of the internet or any website (including, without limitation, websites belonging to Facebook, Twitter or Mohawk) during the Contest Period, nor for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail system or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website (including, without limitation, websites belonging to Facebook, Twitter or Mohawk), or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or to any other person's computer, mobile device or handset resulting from taking part in this Contest; and
- any and all losses, damages or claims caused by or resulting from this Contest or Mohawk’s sponsorship of it.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Contest Rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of Mohawk.
If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being completed as planned, including but not limited to by reason of computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of Mohawk, Mohawk reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest or any part thereof. In addition, Mohawk may for any reason amend or terminate this Contest or any portion thereof at its discretion without advance or further notice.
This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by Mohawk. Entrants must comply with these Rules and, participating in this Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood them. All entries that are incomplete, submitted through illicit means or that do not comply with these Rules or satisfy the criteria set out herein will be disqualified. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
If the identity of an entrant is at any time disputed, the person matching the information presented to Mohawk at the time of entering the Contest will be deemed by Mohawk, in their sole discretion, to be the entrant.
Note: All intellectual property, including but not limited to, logos, slogans, designs, promotional material, web pages and representations are owned by Mohawk. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized copying is prohibited.