Students in the Accessible Media Production graduate certificate program at Mohawk College have the opportunity to put into practice the theoretical knowledge they gain from their academic courses. During the Capstone 2 course, students will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the accessible media field, network and interact with industry professionals, all while gaining valuable professional work experience.
Capstone 2 and Field Placement gives students the chance to learn in a real life situation.
The primary focus of placement is:
- To expose students to industry professionals, agencies, and businesses.
- To enable the student to integrate classroom theories, field placement experiences and techniques used in the field.
- To offer the student challenge and stimulus to learn, investigate, and apply theories and skills.
- To bring the student into contact with professionals and to facilitate his/her professional growth.
- To identify strengths and goal areas which may be developed through the educational program.
- To offer graduated entry into the field of accessible media production.
- To provide an opportunity to evaluate his/her vocational choice.
- To enable the student to assess his/her own performance in the field.
Information for Students
- Student Declaration Form (opens PDF, 80kb) - Must be filled out and returned prior to placement
- Employer Declaration Form (opens PDF, 181kb) - Must be filled out and returned prior to placement
- Student Safety Checklist (opens PDF, 73kb) - Must be filled out with your employer the first week of placement