I am unable to see my courses in mycanvas? If you cannot see a course in canvas, this is likely because it has not be published yet. Each course must be published separated. Please follow up with your specific faculty after your first class.
- What will my first day of training look like? Will I be required to attend in person or via a Zoom call?
- Your first day of training will be a Zoom call. Details surrounding your first day of class will be emailed to your MyMohawk email and personal email on file. Please note: You will not be able to view your courses in MyCanvas until your first day of class.
- What will Hybrid Delivery look like?
The majority of the training will occur in a hybrid format, which includes lecture-based program components to be delivered in a remote/virtual environment while required labs, simulations and assessments will be delivered on campus. This may vary by trade and information for your specific trade will be shared with you directly by your program area closer to the start date.
- When will I get my schedule?
Schedules will be issued on the first day of class.
- How often will I be expected to be on campus?
The hours/days on campus for labs will vary for each trade and level. This information will be shared with you directly by your program area.
- Can I still work while attending training?
Your training is delivered in a BLOCK format, scheduled 5 days per week, which indicates full-time studies. Eligible recipients in Block classes will receive a 16-digit code which will be issued by the Ministry (MLTSD) for the purposes of Employment Insurance (EI).
- I am travelling from a distance; can I still stay home?
You will be required to come to campus for mandatory in-person learning throughout the week.
- I am in Level 3, when will we do exam prep?
The decision has been made to deliver exam prep during your scheduled training dates. There will not be an additional week at the end of the 8-week training period.
- Are trade equivalency exams available?
Trade Exemption tests will be available soon, once the campus restrictions are lifted. Please check back for updates.
- See the 2021/2022 Ministry Funded Training dates.