Canadian Workplace Culture - 228
Gain practical, relevant preparation for the Canadian workplace while understanding employment trends, employment standards, and occupational health and safety. Learn about commercial taxation and business ownership while improving communication skills to be successful in the Canadian workplace.
The Canadian Workplace Culture post graduation certificate provides students with a thorough understanding of:
- Practical, relevant preparation for the Canadian workplace
- Overview of the work experience in North America
- Introduction to business operations in Canada
- Legislative framework in which Businesses in Canada Operate
- Professional Communication strategies
- Career preparation
- Entrepreneurship in Canada
What you will learn:
- Cultural studies
- Career planning and the Canadian Workplace
- Canadian Business Practices
- Law and Government in Canada
Students enrolled in the program will become knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Understanding regional, racial, ethnic, gender, class and sexual orientation differences in society
- Understanding employment trends in the Canadian workplace
- Practicing the language skills necessary to be successful ( remove a resume, portfolio development, interview or job search techniques)
- Understanding business ownership, employment standards, occupational health and safety, commercial taxation, consumer protection act, collective bargaining
- Learning about the various levels of government and how they relate to a regulatory business framework
- Understanding both theoretical and practical approaches to the process of entrepreneurship
- Improving communication strategies to be successful in the business world.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Analyze specific legislative and operational requirements for conducting business in Canada.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social and cultural context/environment of the Canadian workplace.
- Demonstrate professional reporting and presentation skills appropriate to the Canadian workplace.
- Discuss essential considerations for successful entrepreneurship in Canada.
- Apply appropriate career planning and job search strategies that are aligned with employment trends in Canada and employer expectations.
Your future career options:
- Work in a Canadian business environment
- Laptop would be an asset
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541