Creative Arts Business - 387
- Arts and business focused program.
- Join a diverse group of students including musicians, artisans, videographers, photographers, graphic designers and dancers.
- Participate in showcase presentations and multimedia based assignments.
- Learn from industry leaders.
- Master Class structured classes.
- Program is open to both domestic and international students.
What you'll learn
- Develop and implement a promotion plan that includes: web-based marketing and consideration of audio-visual branding.
- Explore audio-visual branding.
- Create a realistic business plan for a creative arts profession or company.
- Legal principles, government legislation and regulations, copyright and contract requirements, and professional and industry codes.
- Engage in accounting practices for your business, including interpretation of financial statements.
- Source capital to support your business plans, such as crowdfunding and other methods to generate revenue.
- Project management tools, strategies and principles of marketing a creative product or service.
- Analyze industry-specific trends for decision making.
- Professional communications, contracts for creative arts, and sales and service presentations.
1 academic year (period of 8 months)
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
The Collective, powered by SURGE, offers students a platform to showcase their talents and gain experience freelancing, while developing their portfolios before they enter the workforce. This platform showcases students from an assortment of program areas sparking an entrepreneurial mindset, preparing creative students for the future.
Hire a Mohawk student to create stunning visuals, creative graphics and smart media by visiting The Collective.
- A related Ontario College Diploma or Advanced Diploma or University Degree (i.e. creative writing, communications, television, film, animation, journalism, public relations, advertising, music)
- Other equivalent postsecondary experience or qualifications (i.e. creative industry skills and/or experience) will be considered by Mohawk
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is required. Please see Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
Language Requirements for International Students
- IELTS Academic overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Mohawk College English Language Test (Accuplacer: Assessment for Success) aligned with CAEL Band
- Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (GAS-EAP). Placement in the GAS-EAP program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS Academic
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$704.51||$698.20|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$3,157.91||$3,151.60|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$6,309.51|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,376.00||$8,432.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,826.00||$8,807.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,633.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
- Work with an organization or business in a classroom setting to solve real-life projects
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits
- Through a mix of on-campus labs and simulations
- Produce or participate in an artistic performance or portfolio exhibit in front of an audience
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Freelance and contract opportunities
- Small business ownership
- Creative executive for a variety of industries including:
- Production and publishing companies
- Content management,
- Creative team management,
- Literary or arts agencies,
- Music, television, film production, and independent production (i.e. graphic artist, illustrator, animator, writer, director, producer, composer, arranger, game designer, musician, and stage performer).
Where you could work includes:
- Performing Arts Centres
- Corporate and Private Event Agencies
- Film and television industries
- Touring productions
- Theme Parks
- Casino Shows
- Hotels and Resorts
- Comedy Clubs
- Brand launches
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- Broadcasting - Radio
- Photography - Still and Motion
- Applied Music
- Advertising & Marketing Communication Management
- Broadcasting - Television and Communications Media
- Graphic Design
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
- Queen Margaret University - MA Arts, Festivals and Cultural Management
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program. Creative Arts Business students may use any laptop of their choice, the program does not have any specific hardware or software requirements.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541