Multimedia Storytelling - 388
- Online executive delivery with an immersive residency component.
- Specialized writing practices in multimedia platforms, screenwriting for film, gaming, virtual reality, factual programming, animation and promotion of creative leadership.
- Explore how to set up, launch, and promote freelance enterprises leveraging various streams of income based on storytelling media.
- Through creating concepts, developing concepts, adapting intellectual properties to a variety of mediums, editing ideas, screenwriting, story editing, targeting audiences and workshops.
- Applying your research, interview, and storytelling skills to factual entertainment including documentaries, reality television, lifestyle programming, and instructional and interactive videos.
- Receiving constructive and collaborative feedback targeted to develop the skills needed to thrive as a screenwriter.
What you'll learn
- Craft an immersive and interactive narrative experience taking into account the unique form and demands of storytelling for video games.
- How to use augmented reality (AR) and 360-degree virtual reality (VR) environments to capture the imagination of audiences and tell stories.
- Specialized storytelling techniques to craft animation scripts for specific target audiences.
- Essential transmedia narrative and production techniques for engaging with targeted audiences.
1 academic year (period of 8 months)
Thinking about coming to Mohawk?
Attend a College Information Session to:
- Get help completing your application
- Learn more about what Mohawk has to offer
The Collective, powered by SURGE, offers students a platform to showcase their talents and gain experience freelancing, while developing their portfolios before they enter the workforce. This platform showcases students from an assortment of program areas sparking an entrepreneurial mindset, preparing creative students for the future.
Hire a Mohawk student to create stunning visuals, creative graphics and smart media by visiting The Collective.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2018 - 2019 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Ancillary Fees||$670.02||$653.92|
|Mandatory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$3,723.42||$3,707.32|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$7,430.74|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- A related Ontario College Diploma or Advanced Diploma or University Degree (i.e. creative writing, communications, television, film, animation, journalism, public relations, advertising)
- Other equivalent postsecondary experience or qualifications (i.e. creative industry skills and/or experience) will be considered by Mohawk
- Proof of English proficiency for applicants where English is not their first language must be submitted to Ontario Colleges
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is optional. Participants should contact the Program Coordinator for computer specifications.
How you'll gain skills
- Test and apply course concepts using state of the art software and equipment in our labs
- Produce or participate in an artistic performance or portfolio exhibit in front of an audience
- Experience interactive simulations
Where you can go next
- View our pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices.
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Your future career options
- Film and Television Screenwriter
- Production Manager
- Creative Producer
- Development Executive
- Show Runner
- Script Supervisor
- Video Game Writer
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Content Creator
- Interactive Web Media Writer
- Multimedia Author/Writer
- Web Series Creator
- Graphic Novelist
- Motion Comic Screenwriter
Where you could work includes:
- Television and Film
- Public Relations
- Video and Computer Gaming
- Social Media
- Virtual/Augmented Reality
Program of Studies
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
- This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program where you will learn applicable software applications to support your learning.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).