City School Online Information Sessions
Want to learn more about our free City School courses? Join us for one of our upcoming information sessions!
Click the course titles to learn more and apply. New courses offered each term - check back regularly!
EligibilityWe welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., have not attended college or university, or participated in an apprenticeship); and/or currently unemployed and/or in receipt of social assistance (e.g., Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program)
- Live within Ontario (for virtual and online courses)
- Some courses have additional eligibility criteria. Please click on "Course Details" for more information.
- High school completion is not a requirement.
- Anyone who will be taking a post-secondary course or program, at Mohawk College or any other educational institution, will not be eligible to register for City School courses at the same time.
- We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
- Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the priority criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to three (3) free post-secondary credits through City School:
- Two (2) post-secondary credits
- One (1) College 101 (this includes College 101-Indigenous, Bundled Arrows and Introduction to Postsecondary Experiences)
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
Employment Pathway Courses Eligibility
These programs include personalized employment supports and services, including opportunities for work placements, and, as such, have additional eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- An interest in a career in the field of study upon completion
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or working less than 20-hours per week
- Not enrolled in full-time education
- 18 years of age or older
Students must have the following to participate in City School online and virtual courses:
Connect with us
Wondering if City School is right for you? Not sure if you qualify for a particular course or workshop? Reach out to someone on our team and we can help!
Email: cityschool [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Call: 905-575-2489 for general inquiries or 905-575-2730 for Mobile Classroom or trades inquiries
View Past Courses
We are always adding new courses and workshops to City School. Take a look at what we've done in the past to get an idea of what courses may be added in the future.
City School Locations
Eva Rothwell Centre
460 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton
View Eva Rothwell Centre on Google Maps
Hamilton Central Library
4th floor, 55 York Boulevard, Hamilton
View the Hamilton Central Library on Google Maps
Mission Services of Hamilton
196 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton
View Mission Services of Hamilton on Google Maps
Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
34 Ottawa Street North, Hamilton
View Hamilton Regional Indian Centre on Google Maps
449 Sanatorium Road
Community Employment Services
163 Centennial Parkway North
Red Hill Library
695 Queenston Rd,