Free Online Credit Course
Explore the foundational concepts of marketing, including key concepts such as market segmentation and target marketing, environmental analysis, and the marketing mix: price, product, promotion and place. In this course, students will learn to investigate consumer behaviour and integrated marketing communications.
Delivery: Online and Virtual
Dates: September 27 to December 8, 2021
Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
Time: 9:30 am to 11:30 am
Introduction to Marketing (Course Code: MRKT CB158) is a foundational course in several business programs:
- Business - Marketing
- Business Administration
- Business - Accounting (optional Co-op)
- Business - Administration
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business - Financial Services
- Business - General
- Insurance (optional Co-op)
Online Course Recommendations
This course will be delivered using the Zoom video conferencing platform. Students will require broadband Internet connection, desktop or laptop computer (tablet is acceptable), and basic computer skills (web browsing, email and document creation).
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, or participated in an apprenticeship); and/or currently unemployed and/or in receipt of social assistance (e.g., Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program).
- For online courses, live within Ontario; for in-person courses, live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered.
Note: High school completion is not a requirement. Anyone who will be taking a post-secondary course or program, at Mohawk College or any other educational institution, will not be eligible to register for City School courses at the same time.
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
Email: cityschool [at] mohawkcollege.ca