Free Online Credit Course
Get job-ready skills to prepare for a career in warehouses or distribution centres. Did you know that Hamilton is Canada’s gateway for goods movement? Are you ready to prepare for in-demand career opportunities in warehousing and distribution? This six-week program will enhance your soft skills and earn you a micro-certification that employers are looking for. Plus, the two-week paid placement with a local business will help build hands-on skills.
What You'll Learn
- The supply chain logistics environment
- Using technology in the material handling workplace
- Product receiving, storage, packing and shipping
- Important 21st-century workplace skills that employers are looking for
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or working less than 20-hours per week
- Not enrolled in full-time education
- 18 years of age or older
Delivery: Online and Virtual
Dates: May 3 to June 11, 2021 or June 28 to August 6, 2021
Days & Times:
Mondays 6 pm to 9 pm
Tuesdays 4 pm to 6 pm
Thursdays 6 pm to 9 pm
This course of study is designed to support direct pathways into employment in the field. Learners will earn micro-certifications to demonstrate their workplace readiness.
Email: cityschool [at] mohawkcollege.ca
The Material Handling 4.0 project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre.