Free Online Credit Course
Get job-ready skills to prepare for a career in warehouses or distribution centres. Did you know that Hamilton is Canada’s gateway for goods movement? Are you ready to prepare for in-demand career opportunities in warehousing and distribution? This six-week program will enhance your soft skills and earn you a micro-certification that employers are looking for. Plus, the two-week paid placement with a local business will help build hands-on skills.
Note: This is a Hamilton-based program and all work placements will take place in the Greater Hamilton Area.
What You'll Learn
- The supply chain logistics environment
- Using technology in the material handling workplace
- Product receiving, storage, packing and shipping
- Important 21st-century workplace skills that employers are looking for
- Successful participants are eligible to take the MSSC Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)/Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) Exam
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or working less than 20-hours per week
- Not enrolled in full-time education
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark or IELTS score of at least 6
Delivery: Online and Virtual
September 20 to November 12, 2021 - Priority will be given to youth (ages 18 to 29)
October 18 to December 10, 2021 - Priority will be given to newcomers to Canada within the last 5 years
Days & Times:
Mondays 6 pm to 9 pm
Tuesdays 4 pm to 6 pm
Thursdays 6 pm to 9 pm
This is program includes a three-step application process. To apply:
- Complete an Eligibility Survey.
- Attend an Information Session.
- Interview with an Employment Consultant to assess suitability.
Additional Program Supports
The program provides the following training supports as required:
- Child care subsidy
- Personal protective equipment
- Bus tickets
- Support for online training
- Other supports to enable workplace success
Material Handling 4.0 (Course Code: MANU 10078) is designed to support direct pathways into employment in the field. Learners will earn micro-certifications to demonstrate their workplace readiness.
Email: cityschool [at] mohawkcollege.ca
The Material Handling 4.0 project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre.