Free college credit course. Apply today.
This FREE 12-week program provides the opportunity to earn a General Education credit toward various Mohawk College programs upon successful completion. This program is offered at the Mission Services.
How to apply
What you'll learn
- Explore the concepts of positive psychology and diversity, investigate social issues in the Hamilton area, and review some important social action movements through hands-on learning.
- Identify an issue in the local community, then plan and present a community action project combining the principles of positive psychology, diversity, and community action to create awareness around the issue.
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.