Free online college credit course. Apply today.
Learn what to expect in a college class, with a special focus on time and stress management, overcoming barriers, critical thinking, and planning the next steps.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a general education credit toward select college programs!
How to apply
Fill out the online application form or call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
What You’ll Learn
- Reflection and growth mindset
- Applying strengths and skills to employment and education goals
- Strategies for success in school
This is a General Education course and can be applied to various Mohawk College programs.
Online course recommendations
Broadband Internet connection, desktop or laptop computer (tablet is acceptable), basic computer skills (web browsing & email)
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.