Free non-credit course. Apply today.
Discover how your skills and experience can help you build a career at Thrive Group.
- Explore in-demand and exciting career opportunities in the community and long-term care sector.
- Students will update their customer service training, develop knowledge and essential skills, dive into case studies and participate in a job fair.
- Learn how to improve your soft skills and better understand workplace culture to help you get a job and rise through the ranks.
- Developed in partnership with the Thrive Group who is committed to building a community of quality and responsive services in the health care system.
- This is a Non-credit course with no tests or exams. There is one evaluation where participants can earn a micro-certification.
How to apply:
Fill out the online application form or call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
What you'll learn:
- Explore viable and exciting career opportunities in the community and long-term care sector
- Develop knowledge and essential skills and continuing education
Explore pathways directly into employment in:
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
This Employment Ontario project is funded by the Government of Ontario.