Free credit course. Apply today.
Explore in-demand career opportunities with Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority, in manufacturing, distributing, and more. Learn how developing your essential skills, completing academic upskilling, and understanding workplace culture can help you get a job and rise through the ranks.
Non-credit course with no tests or exams. There is one evaluation where participants can earn a micro-certification
How to apply:
Fill out the online application form or call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
What you'll learn:
- Outline potential career and educational pathways related to the Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority businesses
- Illustrate appropriate communication strategies to manage a conflict or concern at work
- Demonstrate effective job interview skills by connecting values and interests to employer requirements
- Participants have an excellent opportunity to network with employers in the industry and learn about the types of entry-level positions available. Guest speakers come to discuss their positions and how they use key skills at work
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
This project is funded by the government of Canada’s Skilled Trades Awareness and Readiness Program