Free online non-credit course. Apply today.
Discover how your skills and experience can help you build a career in Hamilton. Learn how workplace culture can help you get a job and rise through the ranks.
- Network with local businesses
- Earn a customized ‘work ethic’ micro-certification
- Explore in-demand careers
- Access a Pathways Coach
This is a Non-credit course with no tests or exams. There is one evaluation where participants can earn a micro-certification.
How to apply:
Fill out the online application form or call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
What you'll learn:
- Explore potential career and educational pathways related to Food and Beverage Processing in Hamilton and area
- Demonstrate effective work ethic skills that have been identified as a ‘high demand’ by our employer partners.
- Participants have an excellent opportunity to network with employers in the industry and learn about the types of entry-level positions available. Guest speakers come to discuss their positions and how they use key skills at work.
Online course recommendations:
Broadband Internet connection, desktop or laptop computer (tablet is acceptable), basic computer skills (web browsing & email)
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.