Free college credit course. Apply today.
This 11-week program is great for people who are considering owning their own business.
Learn to start and manage a small business with our Introduction to Small Business and Entrepreneurship course.
What you'll learn
- Build your network in Hamilton's thriving small business community and learn the skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur, including career and educational pathways
- Design strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance and maximize career/business opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive business plan that gives you a head start in obtaining funding and launching your own business
- Connect with business professionals and members of the local business community
- Learn to effectively manage a small business
- A foundational course in Mohawk's Global Business Management certificate program
- The credit applies to the Small Business Entrepreneurship certificate program through Continuing Education
- Explore pathways directly into small business ownership and employment
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
Phone: 905-529-4483 ext. 226
Email: experience [at] iechamilton.ca
This program is offered by the Industry Education Council of Hamilton in partnership with City School by Mohawk, funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.