Free college credit program. Apply today.
This FREE 12-week course is great for people looking for a taste of the college experience. Earn a general education elective from Mohawk College, applicable to many different programs. This program is offered at the Hamilton Central Library (55 York Blvd, 4th floor).
How to apply
What you'll learn
- Analyze the sociological aspects of popular music from the 20th century to the mainstream music of today
- Emphasizes important trends, genres, labels and individuals in music history
- Special attention will be given to Canadian experiences in popular music
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.