Free credit course. Apply today.
This course is a great way to explore education and career pathways related to early childhood education! Learn to meet the holistic needs of children in different stages of development, by identifying their developmental patterns including milestones, abilities, and behaviours.
How to apply
Fill out the online application form! Call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
What you'll learn
- Recognize the milestones, behaviours, skills and abilities of infants and toddlers at critical stages of development.
- Enhance your employability skills through career-specific workplace preparation
- Types of evaluation include quizzes, assignments and tests
- Foundational course in the Early Childhood Education diploma program
- Explore pathways directly into employment
Online course recommendations
Broadband Internet connection, desktop or laptop computer (tablet is acceptable), basic computer skills (web browsing & email).
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., have not attended college or university, or participated in an apprenticeship); and/or currently unemployed and/or in receipt of social assistance (e.g., Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program)
Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
Note: High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the priority criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.