Free credit course. Apply today.
Develop skills to assist in the preparation and maintenance of outdoor gardens and garden structures. Learn how to identify, select and care for plants, turf, shrubs and trees. Develop a thorough understanding of career opportunities within the sector while learning the tools and terminology of the trade. Start by learning the fundamentals in a continuous intake online course then put theory to practice at one of our skills boot camps.
How to apply
Fill out the online application form! Call 905-575-2489 if you have any questions.
Explore the following programs that relate to Horticulture and landscaping.
For online portion: Broadband Internet connection, desktop or laptop computer (tablet is acceptable), basic computer skills (web browsing & email).
For the boot camp portion:
- Ability to stand and walk on uneven ground
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to work outdoors in potentially inclement weather
- Manual dexterity for such tasks as trimming and pruning
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, or participated in an apprenticeship); and/or currently unemployed and/or in receipt of social assistance (e.g., Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program).
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
Note: High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.
The project is funded by the government of Canada’s Skilled Trades Awareness and Readiness Program