Free college credit course. Apply today.
This FREE 12-week course is an introduction to the fundamentals of storytelling in journalism. This program is offered at the Hamilton Regional Indian Centre.
How to apply
What you'll learn
- Emphasis will be placed on basic story structure, accuracy and clarity when reporting on events and experiences.
- Students learn basic newsgathering and interviewing skills that can be applied to a range of media platforms (e.g., print and online).
Part of the Journalism program of studies at Mohawk College.
We welcome applications from all those interested in City School, but please note that priority will be given to those who meet the following:
- 19 years of age or older
- Have no or limited post-secondary education (i.e., college, university, apprenticeship)
- Live within the community in which the course(s) is being offered
- High school completion is not a requirement
We do our best to make case-by-case considerations.
Should class registration not be full by the application deadline, applicants who do not meet the criteria will be considered on a chronological basis.
Students can earn up to two (2) free credits through City School.
You will be notified of your registration status approximately three (3) weeks before the course begins.