We will keep you moving along your apprenticeship path
Fennell students: Please refer to your department of study as your program may differ.
Stage 1 - I have received a ministry offer of Classroom Training
- Apprenticeship payment and registration
- Employment Insurance (E.I.)
- Eligible recipients in Block classes will receive a 16 digit code which will be mailed to you by the Ministry upon payment. More information can be found on the Government of Canada website.
- Information for my employer
- Apprenticeship exemption tests
- Please call 905-575-1212 ext. 5074
Stage 2 - I have registered and paid - what are my next steps?
- First day orientation - 8:30 am
- A valid parking pass is required to park on campus - view parking information
- Pay at our on-campus bookstore
- Apprenticeship grants and financial allowances
- View available grants
- Financial Allowances: Eligibility determined by the Ministry during the first week of training
- What's next?
Stage 3 - I am currently attending training
- Purchase your books
- Costs vary by trade and class
- Instructors will confirm textbook purchase
- Ensure you have the required equipment as it relates to your trade. Some examples include:
- CSA clear safety glasses
- CSA steel toe boots
- Basic hand tools
- Apply for course exemptions
- Visit The Square registration desk for more details
- Utilize Student Life supports including:
Stage 4 - I have completed my training
- Complete your apprenticeship
- Book and prepare your certification exam
- Need employment supports?
- Attend your convocation ceremony
- Get your official Transcript
- Completed A Level - submit a transcript request