General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (Domestic) - 278
Sept. - Oct. 2020
|Jan. - Feb. 2020||Jan. 6||Feb. 29||Jan. 19|
|May - June 2021||May 3||June 18||May 14|
- Succesful completion of Level 8 will waive the English Language Proficiency Requirements for selected Mohawk College career programs.
Gain postsecondary credits.
A coordinator will assist you in selecting courses that meet your needs.
Canadian students may be eligible for OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program).
The multi-level program ensures that you will have new challenges as you progress through the program and transition into postsecondary programs.
What you'll learn
- Improve language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Do you have IELTS/TOEFL score? You may be eligible to get into a higher level of GAS-EAP (See grade conversion chart)
This program is intended for learners whose first language is not English and who want to pursue college level programs requiring English language proficiency.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-575-2460.
Fall 2020 program delivery
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2019 - 2020 Domestic Tuition and Fees
*Level 8 only
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
- New students must complete a mandatory language assessment after their offer of admission and before they select their timetables.
- Based on the results of their assessments, applicants may be advised that this intensive one-year program will provide them with the preparation they need to succeed in a Mohawk College career program.
Note: International Students visit mohawkcollege.ca/478
What is your Level?
*This chart is for reference only.
(International English Language
(Common European Framework of
Reference for Languages)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 6)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5.5)
Overall 5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5)
Overall 4(W/S Minimum Band Score: 4.5)
Overall 3.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3.5)
Overall 3(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3)
Overall 2.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 2.5)
|Level 1||Overall 2.5||0|
The above scores are required for entry into an EAP level *
Earn credit towards your post-secondary program
- Important: Entry for the GAS-EAP program closes after week 1
- Mohawk College reserves the right to limit, cancel, adjust or relocate classes/courses/programs of instruction if necessary. Classes will be cancelled if they do not meet the minimum enrolment levels before the start date. The college will make a diligent effort to contact you in advance if a class must be cancelled. However, the college cannot assume responsibility for any expenses (travel, etc...) incurred if you arrive for a class that has been cancelled or rescheduled.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you’ll gain skills
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (Domestic) (278)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
For general EAP inquiries, please email eap [at] mohawkcollege.ca.