General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (International) - 478
|Start Date||End Date||Drop|
|January to February, 2021||January 6||February 29||January 19|
|March to April, 2021||March 1||April 16||March 12|
|May to June, 2021||May 3||June 18||May 14|
|June to August, 2021||June 28||August 13||July 9|
|September to October, 2021||September 8||October 22||September 21|
|November to December, 2021||November 1||December 17||November 12|
|January to February, 2022||January 5||February 18||January 18|
|March to April, 2022||February 28||April 15||March 11|
|May to June, 2022||May 2||June 17||May 13|
|June to August, 2022||June 27||August 12||July 8|
Note: Levels 1 and 2 are suspended for Spring / Summer 2021 semester (May-August) and level 3 to be determined for Summer 2021 (July/August only)
- Select courses to meet students’ needs with the help of a coordinator
- Great preparation for a college program
- Improves skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Successful completion of Level 8 will waive the English Language Proficiency Requirements for selected Mohawk College career programs
- Postsecondary credits
Do you have IELTS/TOEFL score? You may be eligible to get into a higher level of GAS-EAP (See grade conversion chart)
This program is intended for learners whose first language is not English and who want to pursue college level programs requiring English language proficiency.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
View Fees and Costs for tuition cost.
Explore our many videos, online resources and program options within the Open House Plus website.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
Summer 2021 Tuition and Fees
|Semester||14 weeks||7 weeks|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- New students must complete a mandatory language assessment after their offer of admission and before they select their timetables
- Based on the results of their assessments, applicants may be advised that this intensive one-year program will provide them with the preparation they need to succeed in a Mohawk College career program
What is your Level?
*This chart is for reference only.
(International English Language
(Common European Framework of
Reference for Languages)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 6)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5.5)
Overall 5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5)
Overall 4(W/S Minimum Band Score: 4.5)
Overall 3.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3.5)
Overall 3(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3)
Overall 2.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 2.5)
|Level 1||Overall 2.5||0|
The above scores are required for entry into an EAP level *
Earn credit towards your post-secondary program
- Important: Entry for the GAS-EAP program closes after week 1
- Mohawk College reserves the right to limit, cancel, adjust or relocate classes/courses/programs of instruction if necessary. Classes will be cancelled if they do not meet the minimum enrolment levels before the start date. The college will make a diligent effort to contact you in advance if a class must be cancelled. However, the college cannot assume responsibility for any expenses (travel, etc...) incurred if you arrive for a class that has been cancelled or rescheduled.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you'll gain skills
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
Extra Curricular Activities
Excursions – Develop English skills while experiencing fun, local sporting, outdoor and community events.
College Clubs – Join peers in a range of regular group activities at Mohawk and advance your conversational English.
Volunteering in the community or at Mohawk College – Strengthen your English skills while helping others through community service or college volunteering opportunities.
For a chance to practice your English in a fun, social environment, be sure to join us for Coffee Club, held every other Wednesday in International Square!
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (International) (478)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541