General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (International) - 478
|May - June 2019||May 6||June 21||
|July - August 2019||July 2||August 16||July 15|
|September - October 2019||September 4||October 18||September 17|
|October- December 2019||October 28||December 13||November 8|
|January - February 2020||January 7||February 21||January 20|
|March - April 2020||March 2||April 1||March 13|
- Select courses to meet students’ needs with the help of a coordinator
- Great preparation for a college program
- Improves skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Successful completion of Level 8 will waive the English Language Proficiency Requirements for selected Mohawk College career programs
- Postsecondary credits
Do you have IELTS/TOEFL score? You may be eligible to get into a higher level of GAS-EAP (See grade conversion chart)
This program is intended for learners whose first language is not English and who want to pursue college level programs requiring English language proficiency.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
View Fees and Costs for tuition cost.
Thinking about coming to Mohawk?
Attend a College Information Session to:
- Get help completing your application
- Learn more about what Mohawk has to offer
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2018 - 2019 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester||14 weeks||7 weeks|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- New students must complete a mandatory language assessment after their offer of admission and before they select their timetables
- Based on the results of their assessments, applicants may be advised that this intensive one-year program will provide them with the preparation they need to succeed in a Mohawk College career program
What is your Level?
*This chart is for reference only.
(International English Language
(Common European Framework of
Reference for Languages)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 6)
Overall 5.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5.5)
Overall 5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 5)
Overall 4(W/S Minimum Band Score: 4.5)
Overall 3.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3.5)
Overall 3(W/S Minimum Band Score: 3)
Overall 2.5(W/S Minimum Band Score: 2.5)
|Level 1||Overall 2.5||0|
The above scores are required for entry into an EAP level *
Earn credit towards your post-secondary program
How you'll gain skills
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (International) (478)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541