Augmented and Virtual Reality Innovation Certificate - 654
- Mohawk College has partnered with EON Reality to create the EON Virtual Reality Innovation Academy at Mohawk. This new facility offers applied learning in the exciting field of AR/VR, and is the first of its kind in Canada.
- Learn the fundamentals of design and production of AR/VR environments which can be applied to various industries including entertainment, marketing, training and education, and gaming.
What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of 2D/3D modeling and content creation specific to AR/VR.
- Deploy interactive content on the latest mobile and immersive technology platforms including HTC Vive, Microsoft Hololens and Oculus Rift.
- Work with a client in a team project-based format to solve a real-life challenge that is suitable for an AR/VR solution.
- 1 academic year (period of 8 months)
- Students will attend classes Monday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. (Subject to change.)
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at email@example.com or phone 905-575-2460.
Fall 2020 program delivery
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$704.64|
|Optional Ancillary Fees||$104.43|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,354.07|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- A diploma or degree in Computer and Science, Game and Development, Visual Arts, Digital and Media, Film and Production, Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar is ideal but not essential.
- Background knowledge of programming, digital content, 3D web media, modelling and/or animation software, an aptitude for developing creative digital content - whether that be coding, real-time 3D engine, modelling or animation.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language or you have earned the equivalent of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma or post-secondary education outside of Canada, you will be required to provide proof of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- TOEFL iBT 80, no band less than 20
- TOEFL Paper-based, overall score 550
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment), 70
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic 58
- CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test), overall score 7, no band less than 7
- Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (GAS-EAP). Placement in the GAS-EAP program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS
How you'll gain skills
- VR Innovation Academy students gain exposure to professional industry projects in various fields such as health care, education, manufacturing, aerospace and energy.
- Learn from a global and diverse network of innovators, creatives and curious minds.
Where you can go next
- Graduates will receive a Mohawk College Local Certificate in AR/VR Innovation and an EON Reality AR/VR Developer Certificate.
Your future career options
- Mobile Development
- Digital Media Producer
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Developer
- Game Design
- Virtual Reality Events
- Virtual Reality Artist
- Interactive Designer
Where you can work
- Skilled Trades
Opportunities for grads
Graduates will receive a Mohawk College Local Certificate in AR/VR Innovation and an EON Reality AR/VR Developer Certificate.
Program of Studies
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
About EON Reality
EON Reality is a world leader in the Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) market, including 3D interactive technologies and simulation solutions for training, education, manufacturing, and entertainment. EON Reality is building tools to support the knowledge required by the jobs of the future. Visit EON Reality online
Email: eon [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541