Augmented and Virtual Reality Innovation Certificate - 654
Mohawk College has partnered with EON Reality to create the EON Virtual Reality Innovation Academy at Mohawk. This new facility offers applied learning in the exciting field of AR/VR, and is the first of its kind in Canada.
The field of augmented and virtual reality is a fast-growing sector of the economy. By 2019, mixed reality immersive solutions will be evaluated and adopted by 20% of all large enterprise businesses.*
This new program has limited space available for the January intake. Prospective students may apply now at ontariocolleges.ca. Learn more about how to apply.
*(Gartner, Inc. 2017, March. Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality)
Classes begin Monday, January 21, 2019. Students will attend classes Monday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. (Subject to change.)
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2018 - 2019 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Ancillary Fees||$777.02||$533.92|
|Mandatory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
Total Domestic Charges Per Semester
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,310.94|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- A diploma or degree in Computer and Science, Game and Development, Visual Arts, Digital and Media, Film and Production, Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar is ideal but not essential.
- Background knowledge of programming, digital content, 3D web media, modelling and/or animation software, an aptitude for developing creative digital content - whether that be coding, real-time 3D engine, modelling or animation.
How you'll gain skills
- VR Innovation Academy students gain exposure to professional industry projects in various fields such as health care, education, manufacturing, aerospace and energy.
- Learn from a global and diverse network of innovators, creatives and curious minds.
Where you can go next
- Graduates will receive a Mohawk College Local Certificate in AR/VR Innovation and an EON Reality AR/VR Developer Certificate.
- Upon completion of the program, graduates may be eligible to continue their education at Mohawk by pursuing the new Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Virtual Reality Multimedia Production.
Program of Studies
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
About EON Reality
EON Reality is a world leader in the Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) market, including 3D interactive technologies and simulation solutions for training, education, manufacturing, and entertainment. EON Reality is building tools to support the knowledge required by the jobs of the future. Visit EON Reality online
Email: eon [at] mohawkcollege.ca
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541