Do you or someone you know have a disability?
Mohawk College is committed to providing fair and equal access to educational programs, services, and facilities to everyone.
Accessible Learning Services works collaboratively with students and staff to identify and implement strategies ensuring all students have the ability to achieve their educational goals.
Ask for help now!
Registered students and confirmed applicants who know or suspect they have a disability should contact Accessible Learning Services as soon as possible particularly if the services of Sign Language Interpreters, Computerized Note Takers, or access to alternative format are required.
We're ready to help you
Some of the services our team offers include:
- Developing a Confidential Academic Accommodation Plan (CAAP)
- Making appropriate referrals for assessment of suspected learning disabilities
- Offering guidance on financial issues specific to the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) and other Financial Assistance programs.
- Counselling for transition to the workplace or other post-secondary programs
- Providing disability-specific counselling to enhance self-advocacy and independence
- Assessing academic strengths and challenges to provide learning skills for studying, note-taking, communication, reading, time management, and organization
- Adaptive technology assessment, referral, and training