What is a Recognized Student Group?
Student groups that fall outside of activity and academic based clubs eg. Religious, cultural, identity . It is the discretion of Mohawk College whether or not to deem a group a recognized student groups.
Why Start a Recognized Student Group?
- Make new Friends who have similar interests
- Personal growth & Leadership development
- Get Connected on Campus
Recognized Student Group Process:
- Complete the Application Form (opens PDF) - Make sure your Faculty/Staff Advisor has signed the Form!
- Return the Form to a Student Life (R203) or Athletics (R105)
- In person meeting with Student Group Staff
- Once the Recognized Group is approved you can get started!
Note: Your Faculty/Staff advisor will assist with all room and space bookings.
student.life [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Email Student Life)
Stoney Creek Campus
Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster
Phone: 905-575-1212 ext. 6710