A student may request that their OSAP assessment or bursary eligibility be reviewed if they have a special situation which is not recognized in the standard OSAP or bursary assessment of financial need.
The following appeal outlines and forms will assist you in determining if your situation falls within an allowable review. If you have determined that your situation falls within one or more of the allowable reviews below, print off the cover page, attach all letters and supporting documentation and submit your package to the Financial Assistance Office for review.
All letters must be legible, signed and dated and your student number must be clearly noted. Letters from third parties must include contact information for the person who is corroborating the situation and making a recommendation.
The deadline date for submission of a review to the Financial Assistance Office (FAO) or Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities, including requests for reconsideration, is 40 days before the end of your study period All required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline.
Requesting a review of your full-time funding
Depending on your situation, you can ask for a review of the financial aid you are eligible to receive.
Some examples include:
- you have unanticipated financial difficulties
- you’re unable to make your expected contributions
- you’ve experienced a family breakdown since submitting your application
- you’re not progressing academically due to circumstances beyond your control
- you’ve declared bankruptcy
To start a review: you need to meet with your Financial Assistance Advisor.
Review request deadline
You need to submit a request for a review 40 days before the end of your study period.
Situations that do not qualify for a review:
- you’ve received the maximum amount of aid
- your parent(s) arbitrarily refuse to contribute to your education-related costs
- your citizenship status
- requests past the deadline