Online Housing Services in the Hamilton Area
Please note: The information provided on these on-line housing lists are not associated with Mohawk College. This service is provided for your convenience only and Mohawk College does not accept any liability whatsoever for your participation in any of these services.
The accommodations have not been inspected by Mohawk College and Mohawk College makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information posted or the suitability of any accommodation. Mohawk College assumes no responsibility in regard to any accommodation, lease, or other arrangement made with the landlord or any arrangements made by students sharing the accommodations.
Student Life offers many off campus housing services for students including:
- Courtesy telephone for contacting prospective landlords
- Free print-outs of listings
- Free forms and resources
- Free two-month sublet posting to full-time post-secondary students
More Resources & Information
While living off campus it is important to build good relationships with the neighbours in your community. Check out our "11 Ways to Be a Good Neighbour" for helpful tips and links to resources in your community.
Roommate Etiquette Guide PDF
One of the most important aspects of living off campus is your relationship with your roommates. A conflict with a roommate can have a great impact on your success as a student. The Roommate Etiquette Guide will help you to avoid these kinds of conflicts and give you guidelines that will help you resolve issues that do.
Other helpful publications:
- Emergency Shelters PDF
- Food Banks - Emergency Food Info PDF
- Local Information PDF
- Easy Roommate Finder NOTE: we do not support, work with or endorse EasyRoommate website, using and contacting anyone on this site is at the users own risk.
Mountain Legal Clinic
william.reid [at] mail.com
Landlord & Tenant Board
119 King St. W., 14th Floor
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y7
Hamilton-Wentworth Health Inspection Dept.
P.O. Box 879
Hamilton, ON L8N 3P6
Hamilton Tenant Helpline
hamiltontenanthelpline [at] gmail.com
- Canada Coach: 905-527-2100
- GO Transit: 1-888-438-6646
- Brantford Transit: 519-753-3847
- VIA Rail Train Service: 905-522-7533
- Union Gas: 905-545-8444
- Hydro Electric System: 905-522-6611
- Hamilton Rogers: 905-548-8844
- Source Cable: (Hamilton Mountain) 905-574-6464
- Cogeco (Downtown & Ancaster) 905-522-3012
- Mountain Cablevision: 905-389-1347